- What is the collective noun for aunts?
- What’s good and what’s not so good
- Words: use of
- Soliciting for readers
- Butterflies, cauliflowers and strawberries
- You say potato, I say potato
- What’s in a name
- Labels, tags, logos, call them what you will. But please don’t label me.
- Writers get together at writers’ get-together
Tag Archives: learning
Every month I attend a Meetup group called Shut Up and Write (or Edit). I was introduced to the group by my friend Janet Reid, she’s a published author who writes for children and young adults. The Meetup’s held at … Continue reading
I’m returning to my roots here so bear with and indulge me if you would, please. What on earth are The Marches and where did they get their name? The Welsh Marches are the border lands between what is now … Continue reading
The other day I heard—on our national broadcaster no less—a young news presenter (journalist? I hope not) say: ‘The ship sunk…’ I ground my teeth in despair. Pedantry: I am thy faithful follower (more or less). So I thought I’d … Continue reading